When a camper does not follow the behavior guidelines, we will take the following action steps as behavior problems progress.
1. Instructor or staff will redirect the camper to more appropriate behavior.
2. If inappropriate behavior continues, the camper will be reminded of behavior guidelines and camp rules, and the camper will be asked to decide on action steps to correct his/her behavior.
3. If a child’s behavior still does not meet expectations and is affecting the experience of other campers, he/she will be dismissed from camp and must be picked up by a parent/guardian.
Examples of unacceptable behavior:
– Refusing to follow behavior guidelines or camp rules
– Using profanity, vulgarity or obscenity
– Stealing or damaging property (personal or camp property)
– Refusal to participate in activities or cooperate with staff
– Disrupting a program
– Leaving a program without permission
– Endangering the health and safety of other children and/or staff
– Teasing, making fun or bullying of other campers or staff
– Fighting of any kind
Camper fees are non-refundable if a camper is sent home for disciplinary reasons. Physical violence toward another camper or staff member will result in immediate dismissal from the camp.